Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Placemat Palooza!

Well I've found yet another couple of uses for placemats other than dining.  I was shopping at HomeGoods last week and came across these vinyl placemats.  I thought they were adorable and reminded me of the Moroccan  lanterns and vases that I see everywhere these days.


By the time I drove home, I knew exactly what to do with them.  I had 3 glass cylinder vases and thought by adding the placemats I would get the look for less.


I simply cut the placemats to fit and hot glued at the seem. I might use the strips that are left over to cover votives.


This is a daily double....I've had this tray table for years! I got it at a garage sale and thought it was so cute, but just needed a little love.  This was saved during the last lose it or use it party.


I painted it and lined the tray with the last placemat.  I keep this tucked behind the chair and pull it out for company. It gives them a great place to set a drink and some munchies without having to lean forward to reach the ottoman.




Giving myself a use it or lose it date seems to be lighting a fire under my butt!


Join the party

Today’s Creative Blog
All Thingz Related
Craft Edition
New Nostalgia

1 comment:

  1. Oooohhh, LOVE your little table! I have one just like it...I think I just might do the same thing. Your vinyl placemat idea with the glass cylinders is just PERFECT. Now I'll have top go hunt down some vinyl placemats! (lol) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete