Monday, June 20, 2011

Seasonal Purchase Disorder

O.K. so I don't know if this is a real condition but I swear I have it.  Every year as the seasons change and items such as, clothes, accessories, home decor, tabletop decor, etc are marketed, I go nuts. It can be as simple as Spring/Summer inspired magnets (you know because you can never have too many magnets).

There are all kinds of "must-haves" for the season.  Here is just a sampling of what caught my eye for summer....

Lovely items from Cost Plus.
 

Decorative bird cage from Crate and Barrel - the thing is, I already have a similar one that I have had for several years only I don't know what to do with it. How exactly do you decorate with a bird cage?


And outdoor chess set from Cost Plus... I have a perfectly good chess set collecting dust, why can't I take that one outside and let it collect dust out there?



Love these pillows from Pottery Barn...but honestly, how many pillows can one person have? Do people have closets where they stash all of their seasonal pillows....hmm I think I might be on to something there!

And finally, more lanterns....at last count I think I have 11 or 12 lanterns, and I am not even using most of them...I really do love these ones from Zgallerie and you may remember I made some that were inspiried by these (posted here)



Let me know if you have ever heard of this condition and if there is a cure.  Fall is right around the corner and all the new items will be out before we know it....stay tuned for Fall Seasonal Purchase Disorder confession.

No comments:

Post a Comment