Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Easy Silhouette

It's so hard to believe that the 4th of July is almost here, especially when it is cold and soggy outside. I'm longing for the sun so I can paint my ever-growing stack of things to be painted.

Last week I showed you my gallery wall.  Part of my plan included a silhouette of my daughter. I've been wanting to create one forever and this wall seemed the ideal place to hang it. As I've mentioned before I have a ridiculous amount of scrapbook paper for someone who doesn't scrap.  So this project was perfect to use some of that paper.

Here is what I started with


Probably one of my easiest and quickest projects. Love the immediate gratification.

I printed the profile picture of my daughter then simply traced the outline onto the paper and cut out the shape.
A little glue and the frame...




Join the Party

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katy,
    I linked up on tip junkie after you.
    That looks like a really easy way to silhouette! I like your gallery wall, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I love this idea! Thanks for the tutorial...I have been thinking of doing this for a while now! Awesome--now I have no excuse! :)
    Nat
    doodlecraft.blogspot

    ReplyDelete