Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pumpkin Topiary

I have been wanting to make a Fall topiary for years. I always thought of them just as a Fall decoration and never wanted to go to the effort for just a couple weeks. This year I decided to do a combo Halloween and Fall topiary......


I had a garden urn that I sprayed black and I used an iron stake to hold the pumpkins (faux pumpkins).  I did put some rocks in the bottom to stabilize it as well.


I added this vase/candle holder and stuffed some plastic bags in the hole to hold it better.  I made stencils on plain paper and filled the letters in with a sharpie. A little spanish moss and viola' Halloween topiary!


Now the best part....simply turn the pumpkins around and add some Fall leaves and instant Fall topiary!


Join the party at Centsational Girl!

3 comments:

  1. totally cute! and i love how you can just change it up after halloween! great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved this topiary! I featured it today on my blog!

    http://daysofchalkandchocolate.blogspot.com/2011/10/i-am-having-one-of-those-days.html

    So well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool Halloween & Autumnal display!

    ReplyDelete