Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Bringing Nature In Through Photography

I've been shaking things up at Chez Milton. Some rooms are getting completely redone, others just reconfigured and a few,  just new touches here and there. I don't have an endless decorating budget (sad face) so I am always looking for inexpensive ways to freshen up a space.

In the last couple of weeks, I have been to a couple local farms, a road trip and a short adventure trip to Seattle.  When I finally downloaded all of my pictures, I noticed a trend in what I have been photographing.....nature - or more specifically, flowers and food!

I'm thinking these would be great in a kitchen.







And these for a great autumnal display. The pumpkin pictures could be printed to make great name tags for Thanksgiving....or how about adding a few pictures to your mantle.






I've been on the hunt for some artwork with bright green for my office redo. I came across these flowers at a gourmet market in Seattle. Stay tuned for the office update with a few of these on the wall. (I actually snapped these with my phone... (gasp) I didn't have my camera in hand!




All of these beauts were photographed at the farmer's market in Seattle. I've been using a macro style lately and I love the effect. You get to see all of the intricate details up close and you have the opportunity to capture interesting angles.





One of the many benefits of taking pictures at a farm, or farmers market is that the items are all displayed beautifully - so just point and click not hassle with staging!

No comments:

Post a Comment