Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Don't Judge A Book By Its Cover

I've been remiss in my postings again, but I swear I have a really good reason! I went to New Orleans for Jazz Fest a little over a week ago (New Orleans post coming soon) and when I came home last week, I literally fell and broke my hand before I ever set foot in the house. Crazy huh??? I survived stumbling through the French Quarter every night at 3am but can't make it through my own backyard. I wish the story was more interesting....
 

I never thought about how much we use our hands...it takes me twice as long to do everything.  Ladies, ever try and hook your bra one-handed? Don't even get me started on my hair or my daughter's....Little by little I am adjusting and am now able to finally type without a one-handed chicken peck.

Now on with the show....

I was looking around my house the other day and noticed I use books a lot as decorating accessories. Rarely jut standing on end in a bookcase. It seems I am addicted to using them as pedestals for other accessories. 


I've heard that books give insight into the person(s) living in the home....can you tell we like to travel?


I think this is one of the few places I have books on end. The books on the far right are from my childhood - I didn't have to buy Pottery Bard vintage books. Wait! Does this mean I am vintage???


More vintage books from my childhood.

...and a few more examples of books as accessories

These are the only examples I could find where the books are more function than form.  Our nightstands are too short for our bed. (Redoing them is on my never-ending list)


I heard a long time ago that you are supposed to remove the book jacket.  I've noticed lately that I see books displayed both ways. In some cases the books absolutely look better without the jackets, but in others I think I prefer the jacket. Weird right?

Do you decorate with books? With or without the cover?

No comments:

Post a Comment