Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I've been noticing lately that what I see or don't see when I first wake up in the morning seems to set the tone for my day.  We have a double vanity in our bathroom with a lot of counter space...or should I say junk space. We (meaning mostly my husband) have a habit of leaving clean clothes on the counter, suitcases waiting to be unpacked...and various other things that basically just clutter it up.

As part of this 'setting the tone' I've decided to try and keep fresh flowers on my nightstand. Something pretty to see at the beginning and the end of the day. I never like carnations much before, but somehow when they are dressed up in a silver cup and cut into a dome they just seem to put a smile on my face.


I may never be able to make sure the bathroom counter is always clean or that the dishes are always done, but I can try and keep the flowers on the nightstand.

2 comments:

  1. Fresh flowers are a great idea - they always make me happy. I, too, have never been that fond of carnations but when bunched together they make a really great effect.
    Blooming orchids are also a wonderful choice, as the flowers are beautiful and tend to last a long time (particularly the Phalaenopsis "Moth" variety)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maravilha perfeito cores linda bem aplicadas.
    Pintura de Apartamento

    ReplyDelete