Friday, March 25, 2011

Rain, rain, go away.....

Rain, Rain, go away I have furniture to refinish today! I guess my cabinet will have to wait for another day.

Since I can't sand and paint as I planned and I'm not particularly interested in the  ever growing list of chores, I decided to find something new to work on.

You know what you've heard since you were a kid....when life gives you lemons....


Well guess what - we are inundated with lemons!  Our poor tree is about to fall over.


So I decided it was time to figure out what to do will all of these lemons.

I decorated... (please ignore the really dirty window - it's been raining for days)


I found some cute containers and filled them with lemons to give to the neighbors and my daughter's teachers....


I made lemon juice ice cubes...


and lemon slice cubes...


lemonade (which honestly isn't the same on a cold day)


I think the 'grown-up' version will be much better.  Can't wait to have the limoncello! I can drink it and pretend I'm in Italy...  Giada has a great recipe


Chicken picatta for dinner...


Now for dessert...

Lemon sorbet?



Lemon Bundt Cake?


or Lemon Meringue Pie?

So since I can't work on my cabinet, I will eat, drink and be lemony!

Cheers!
Katy

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm..... a cake recipe to die for, and I've no lemons! Wonderful posts...keep up the good work!
    P.S. I see little Miss S. daily, M-F; love to quilt, garden and teach little children. I am tall and old. I couldn't sign in any other way, so I am...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lemons are beautiful - what kind are they?

    ReplyDelete